Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beads,projects and good-byes!

When I left this morning, I drove down the track and saw a beautiful kingfisher; it stayed in front of me for a few minutes but flew away just before I could reach for my camera. I then continued and came across a troop of monkeys. I love South Africa; there is no other place like it on earth!
This morning I made my way up to Amangwe Zulu Crafts near Escourt about one and half hours away from Pietermaritzburg. I met with Barbara and I bought some brilliant craft to re-sell in the UK.  After I had had an in depth conversation with Barbara, about the fantastic work she is doing, I headed back to Pietermaritzburg.
I pulled into the shopping centre to print some pictures for the children and Ithemablihle and then continued on to Sithembakuye. I met with Russell and we had a good chat about the future.  I gave them some hats which have been knitted by a wonderful lady in the UK.
Sithembakuye - with their new hats

Then I went to Ithemablihle to check how the house was coming along. From the pictures you can see things are still progressing. I said my farewells to all the children and Thandiwe. I hate this part of the trip. I hate good byes!!
The glazing has been finished at Ithembalihle

The doors have also been hung at Ithembalihle

They have also prepared for the plumber


No comments:

Post a Comment