Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wednesday. I dont wont to leave!

Today I spent the morning again at Dlalanthi. I was taken by Gugu and Faith into a very rural area outside of Pietermaritzburg. There I met with an inspirational group of people, a mix of young and old, male and female. They are running a community-led Childcare Forum. They are doing some great work and deserve credit for their achievements thus far. However when It came time to leave we had to make a dash due to an almighty thunder and lightening storm. I went to run from undercover to the car, I slipped and in true comic style feel flat face first in the mud! I was covered and had drive 45 minutes back to Pietermaritzburg and had to go home and have a shower before my next meeting.
I then went to meet with Dawn at 1000 Hills Community Helpers. We had a very posoitive and productive meeting. She is truly an amazing woman and her staff members are also a credit to her organisation.
Then i visited Theresa to collect some paper work and handed out some donations. After that I went to Ithemablihle to check on progress and the pictures tell that story.



Handing out some donations with Theresa
Glazing in at Ithembalihle
Doors have been delivered and ready to be fitted

No comments:

Post a Comment